Monday, November 1, 2010

Yikes!!!!!

For nearly 9 months I have carefully carried a secret...we are moving overseas or a year or two or maybe more. Now this isnt the first time - we lived in Fiji for a couple of years from 2004. We loved it. In fact it changed our lives.

We absolutely love Australia, Queensland and our own little slice of paradise near Toogoolawah in SEQ. A beautiful farm on the Brisbane River, a great business and Slip has every boys dream job working for an NRL team. My folks live nearby and we have the best group of friends imagineable. Actually, come to think of it, I have no idea why we are moving to one of the world's most unliveable cities, Port Moresby??

After months and months of if, buts and maybes, tears when I told my parents then anger at us "leaving them" and now finally its my first day.

What a let down. I am still working from home with frequent trips to PNG until January when we will all move up in time for the new school year. Until then I am still working at home in my shorts and singlet!!

The beaurecracy is going to kill me but hopefully I can make a contribution to an end to poverty.

1 comment:

  1. Wowser... good luck with your adventure - hope you blog it!
    :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete