Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Whats in a name?

I had a weekend to contemplate my navel, enforced entrapment in the the Crowne Hotel in Port Moresby. There are worse things I know but for 44 hours of the 48 hours I went nearly mad with boredom and frustration. And then I started to enjoy it...enjoying observing how I reacted and then accepted my own company. Afterall, I love my company - dont I? Well at least I used to before I had kids and before my life got insanely busy.

While trawling FB looking for classmates of my brother Clancey's, I came across a little boy also named Clancy Blacklock. Although his name is spelt slightly different, the sight of his name again shocked me. Its 12 years since he passed away and yet the sight of his name and my reaction made me realise all over again how much I miss him. How much I wish he was kicking back with me in the Crowne, just hanging out.


Clancey is also my son's middle name. I love that. Hopefully a little bit of Clancey's personality and happiness rubs off on my Haydn.

I eased into my Sunday afternoon, entrapped in the Crowne easily once I thought about how my Clancey would have viewed it. I pulled up a stump at the bar and said GDay to some locals I didnt know. I laughed and joked and basically listened (no small feat for me) for a good two hours. Just hanging out enjoying the present. Clancey would have loved that.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Farmer Bub,
    It's great to find you back blogging and to hear of your adventures in P.M. Although I have been following you for quite some time now it's my first time commenting...
    I'm sure your Clancy would have liked to have kicked back with you at the bar, maybe he was there looking over you?
    Good luck with the house hunting.....and....keep up the great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree CB - You have a talent for writing! I would have liked to be sitting at that bar myself! Please find a house that has a nice guest quarters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo P - there is a 2 bedroom unit just for Jo P. Rent is only that you bring me meat from Oz!

    eElizabeth - thanks so much for writing and I am glad you are following. Take care and keep up the comments.

    cheers to you both
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete