Sunday, November 14, 2010

Life is just family

There is the craziness of life and then there is family. Sometimes of course they are the reason for my craziness and lack of any time for smelling the roses and general navel gazing and then there are weekends like the one I have just had, when I am reminded for my reason for living - family.

Saturday was a day of shearing Mums little flock of 60 sheep. The shearers arrived with their own managerie which amused Claudia and Haydn no end.


And then we had some fun "surfing" in the dam. We will deal with the middle ear infections at a later date I am sure but in the meantime Mum and I had a ball watching the kids and Mikey the dog surf 100kms inland from Caloundra!


and then we finished the day off with Mum's world's greatest meat pie. I could have died when I ate the crispy pastry and meltingly soft, extra tasty beef filling. Oh God my mother can cook and her food put us all in a silent patch/ Not easily done!

The today it was mustering and branding. More to come but we got a good head start. We use my brother Clancey's brand, C1B - it always makes me pleased to see such good types of calves stamped with his brand. My city bred husband also managed to castrate the males with no major dramas.

Haydn, Claudia and I mounted up on our favourite steeds and mustered and let go the mob. I love that they love what I loved growing up. I think that is probably some psychological disorder but tonight it makes for a perfect weekend.

Hope you enjoyed yours and were thankful for all the things you often take for granted - or maybe it is only me that takes things for granted?




2 comments:

  1. Love the photos of the kids..... Claudia has such a connection with the animals....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am confused - are you in PNG or Aus?? Sweet lambs - this weekend sounds kinda familiar to me!

    Hope you are good, wherever you are!!
    :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete