Friday, November 5, 2010

Find a house, find a house, find a house, find a house

My main objective, if you havnt guessed is to find a bloody house. Who would have thought it sooo difficult.
The Port Moresby housing market has exploded and I mean exploded. 12 months ago a 3-4 bedroom family home would have cost around K4000 per week - thats about AUD$1500/week. Now thats not cheaps I know but still affordable based on PNG salaries for expats. That figure has jumped to a whopping K10,000 per week that is around $14,000 per month or $168,000 per annum. Did that make your eyes light up!!

The cost is one problem, a problem capable of being solved if you try hard enough...supply of housing on the otherhand is quite another story.

I went looking today...3 houses for rent that would fit the bill in POM city...yes 3. It will change daily, the market tends to change rapidly here but still 3??

The school on the other hand was brilliant. I am so impressed. I also managed to find a music teacher for the kids - he is just like a black Barry White. A little girl from what will be Claudia's class has also emailed and "{welcomed" Claudia which I thought was really lovely.

A lonely Friday afternoon in what is not yet my home, just a place for work. Cant wait until I dont have to travel anymore.

Going to look at another house tomorrow...the quest continues!!! Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment