Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My peacock Girl

Those who know me will atest to the fact that I am certainly not creative and yet I have given birth and now nurture the talents of a very creative daughter. No doubt its a way of making some use of my, up until now, very lazy left side of my brain.

At the school concert in mid December she had people crying with her beautiful voice. I didnt even manage to get a photo as I was so mesmerized by her courage to stand up on stage, no backing music and just belt out Take Me Home Country Roads. My daughter is someone that I dont recognise as being part of me or her Dad, she is truly gifted in the way she makes others feel when she performs.

Here she is on Christmas night. We were all feeling a little sad - it is always hard celebrating another Christmas without my brother Clancey who passed away 12 years ago. She picked up on our mood and came out in her peacock outfit and did an impersonation. It was incredibly funny. It reduced me to tears (again) but for all the right reasons. Thanks Claude.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a talent... is there a reason the pic is sideways? Or is that the left side of your brain breaking free??

    Hugs to you and yours as we see in 2011 here at Granite Glen.
    :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete