Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HOT POM

No this isnt a reference to smoking hot Englishmen...but rather a statement about hot I am finding it in Port Moresby (POM). Its only about 35 degrees here today but the humidity must be in the 90s. It is so hot and sweaty.

Its been a fab week so far. Finally no training wheels (the boss flew out this morning) and so far no smash.

Our new offices look smik and I cant wait to move in. They are even building me a new "local". The hotel Papua is under construction across the street and it looks like just the sort of place I could enjoy a icy cold glass of sauv blanc. How thoughtful of the developers to have the opening date around the time I will be in town.

Shane is in town too doing some coaching and making the newspaper every day. He is such a media magnet - talking about how rugby league can help in stopping violence against women. What a do gooder - honestly. Some of my goodness must be rubbing off on him.

1 comment:

  1. Is that Shane as in Webke?? If so, WHAT a nice guy! Met him at an Every Farmer Needs a Family thing... such a sweetie.

    Have an iced one for me!
    :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete