Sunday, October 5, 2008

Welcome!


In recent years friends have told me I should set up a blog to share my interesting life and my response has always been that my life is far from interesting, just busy. Today I finished reading a book about successful intranet entrepreneurs and it gave a quick description of how to start blogging - I thought why not. Five minutes ago I set up my account and here I am.

Today is such a glorious day - the farm is iridescent green from recent rains and Dad has been busy with the plough preparing for summer crops. The activity of normal farm life combined with the peaceful sounds of the birds & frogs and is making me feel so alive. Claudia and I are about to head off on our horses - she is horse-mad and just loves her horse Shandy. Haydn has an allergic reaction to something he was playing with up the shed and Mum is preparing her normal Sunday roast. The photo is of Slippery and the two kids.

Slippery (my husband) is repairing the slasher, much to my delight. Earlier this year it threw a stone up and it hit me on the leg leaving a pretty purple scar. As a write this I can hear the sound of the welder cutting in and out as he patches the slasher up.

We have a new calf over in the breeder paddock. New mothers dont much like you getting too close but I managed to get a photo of the new addition. Cant tell whether it is a heifer or bull calf but it is so cute I thought you might like a look (albeit from afar).

I really look forward to blogging some more and sharing my lovely life with you. Happy to have your suggestions too on how I can improve my blog. All the Best, Farmer Bub

2 comments: