Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Convergence

I am a great believer - in convergence. Three messages so far...

1. Creating FarmerMotherBanker was a chance to write, a chance to practice writing freely. Not to be tied to my computer to write corporate strategy but simply to write for the joy of writing.

2. Work recently paid $6000 for me to be tested by a Psychiatrist to determine "my fit". Lucky for me they didnt find out I am a psychopathic killer in the making...however they did tell me that I speak and communicate differently to my colleagues (read they are not from the bush!). They didnt state this as a negative but I gather it is

3. Completely out of left field yesterday I had a colleague ring me and ask whether I knew of anyone who could fill a very interesting role in Internal Communications...I pondered for a minute and then answered - YES - me. I caught myself out by responding with my heart rather than thinking my answer thru.

So there you go. I have this wonderful feeling that serendipity is about to show me the way. Right now though I am up to my neck in Agribusiness Strategy. I love the Agribusiness part but fail to be stimulated by yet another PowerPoint pack.

****************************************************************
Slippery is in Sydney. They were in Fiji this last week and had to fish and gather their own food - quite a shock apparently for the NRL based players!

We have the results back of Claudia's tests and the answer is we need more - she has a pet chicken called Speckles! Haydn is six in 8 more sleeps. Dad de-gloved his hand when a weaner bull kicked him - OUCH!! Mum is just wonderful and holds this family together in the most amazing way.

All the best
Farmer Bub




1 comment:

  1. Sounds intriguing... while I am not superstitious, I am a believer in responding to the little hints Life hands you. Sounds like a hint to me... long as they let you work from home like the present job!!
    :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete