Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tired and happy

Clearance sale/farm machinery action yesterday (very very early) - Haydn fell asleep on the way home, normal but he was still eating his meat pie! Mustered breeders (cows) in the afternoon. Cranky cow (literally) nearly knocked me over. Took the kids to town to watch Fiji Vs France - had a ball sitting with the regulars. The kids loved seeing their Dad on TV.

Big news - Fiji thrashed France. I yelled so much and then the whole Saturday night crowd cheered Fiji on as well.

Today....crashed the motor-bike running the horses in. Motorbikes and me just dont go well together - like Bundaberg Rum and Orange juice - should not be mixed.Draughted (sorted them out); dipped and walked cows back to their paddock. Had the great pleasure of shovelling the pit out beside the dip (basically full of sh**t). The smell is still in my skin. Did a rubbish run for Mum, loaded and unloaded a trailer full of hay - aching arms.

Haydn has mastered the four wheel motorbike all by himself - cant stop grinning from ear to ear and he rode "Shandy" (the chestnut mare) all by himself while we mustered and turned out. Being six is really making him all grown up.


2 comments:

  1. Hey you've changed things round here! Nice...

    Sounds kinda like things round here... except the four-wheeler thing. Please be careful with these vehicles. I know you would be, but just sayin'. They freak me out a bit - give me horses any day!

    Saw the Aussies and Poms play over the weekend (well, kinda). You will be looking forward to having your man home, no doubt!

    THanks for makin' me feel I'm not the only bush chick bloggin'!!!

    :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny they are at that age, falling asleep mid meal (or more). I remeber mine falling asleep in the shower. I give thanks it was not the bath! Thanks for stopping by, so nice to 'meet' you - and I will be back for sure :)

    ReplyDelete