Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am a "CRYER"


For a long time now I have spent an inordinate amount of time & money on trying to solve a problem that I have. You see when I am in a situation, I cry. And once I start I just dont stop easily. It has become almost an infatuation of mine to stop myself doing this. I find it debilitating, uncomfortable and embarassing to cry this way.

My boss rang me a little while I ago to tell me he was paying me a bonus...now most people would be thrilled and show it accordingly. Not me...what did I do...well I cried. Not just little tears but big fat ones streaming down my face and I couldnt talk very well. It was all I could do to chokingly thank him and hang up. I then got distressed (like I always do) that I hadnt been able to maintain a professional image.

I have decided though that I am a "cryer". Just going to accept it as part of the wonderful jigsaw that is me and get on with it. Life is for living and I have worried too much about being emotional. So what if it doesnt fit with the image of a high powered executive...I have never felt I am that anyway.

*******************************************************************************
Busy on the farm....Dad is flat out planting before the rain comes; new calves everywhere and Claudia and Haydn had a head on collision yesterday on their motor bikes! No human damage but the bikes dont look so good.

All the very best
Farmer Bub


1 comment:

  1. Hey... I sympathise even though I am not a crier about stuff to DIRECTLY affect me. If it's big I go numb but from the outside I just look the same. But stiller.

    It's the little stuff that gets me - or stuff that affects someone else. I totally go out in sympathy. Like visiting Tanis at Attack of the Redneck Mommy tonight - bawled my head off. THe woman slays me. Or the Melbourne Cup - gets me emotional every year. Now THAT is freaky.

    So just take tissues, I reckon! It's nice that you were moved by the gesture. You probably covered better than you realise anyway.

    :-)
    BB

    ReplyDelete