Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday in Port Moresby

I am supposed to be landing in Brisbane right now. Back in the arms of the one I love and my gorgeous kids. BUT....Iam not as the floods have surrounded the farm and there is no way for me to get home for at least a few days and since I was coming back up to PNG on Monday, its best that I stay here and work the weekend. AWWWWW.

The good news is that at the same time I was to board the plane, we had a fire evacuation here at the building. With time to kill my wonderful offsider Rex decided I should check out a house his mate had just listed for rent. I really wasnt keen still feeling a bit sorry for myself that I woudlnt be seeing the kids this weekend.

But I got dragged off and boy am I pleased I did. The house is fantabulously brilliant. So much better than I ever thought I would ever get. I just love it.

However, as bright as that moment was this afternoon was better. The local staff here at the World Bank are well off in PNG standards but still money is tight and food is very very precious. This arve they cooked up fresh corn on the cob cooked in banana leaves in the microwave. What a treat and they made me laugh...I cant share how but gee I cried laughing. Now thats a high point.

Enjoy your weekend! Carolyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment